farmOS provides a framework for building "quick forms" for common data entry needs. This allows a simplified and focused UI to be provided for fast and easy recording of common events, while maintaining the underlying flexibility of the generalized asset and log data architecture.
If you have the "Farm Quick" module enabled, you will see a new "Quick" tab on the farmOS dashboard. This will have sub-tabs for each quick form that is available. farmOS modules can provide their own quick forms which will show up here. It is also possible to enable/disable quick forms provided by modules, so that ones you don't need are not cluttering the menu structure.
Included with farmOS¶
The following quick forms are included with farmOS:
- Planting - See: /guide/assets/plantings/#planting-quick-form
- Birth - See: /guide/assets/animals/#animal-logs
- Milk - For recording milk harvests.
- Soil amendment - For recording nutrient amendments made to areas.
- Soil disturbance - For recording tillage, cultivation, or other soil disturbance events to areas.